August 3rd, 2008 Categories: Alexandria
Forbes.com recently compiled a list of suburbs with the best standard of living for the country’s 15 largest cities. Alexandria was named as the best Northern Virginia suburb for Washington, DC.
Creating a model that analyzed data for school quality, crime rates, income and education levels and homeownership rates, Forbes.com used data supplied by a Rhode Island-based real estate research firm.
The search model was applied to every incorporated and unincorporated town, city, and village within a 25 mile radius of each of the major cities.
Being named as the best suburb in Northern Virginia is just one of many accolades received this year by the city of Alexandria. In the past 6 months, Alexandria has been nationally recognized for:
- Promoting Affordable Housing Opportunities
- The Best Walking City in Virginia
- One of the Top 10 Cities for Dogs
- One of the 50 Greenest Cities in the United States
- The Most Romantic City in the United States
- One of the Nation’s Top 100 Best Communities for Young People
Don’t you want to be part of this great community? Whether you are interested in Del Ray, Old Town, Cameron Station, Old Town Greens, or the Mt. Vernon area, give me a call me at 703.927.4554 and we’ll find your place in Alexandria.