October 19th, 2009 Categories: Dining Favorites
Twelve Northern Virginia restaurants have taken top honors on this year’s Washington Post list of best restaurants.
Noted by restaurant critic Tom Sietsman are:
- Artie’s – traditional American cuisine**
- Banian – Afghan**
- Bistro L’Hermitage – French***
- Eventide – Contemporary American***
- Four Sisters – Vietnamese***
- Han Gang – Korean***
- Inn at Little Washington – Contemporary American****
- Present – Vietnamese***
- Ray’s the Steaks – Steak***
- Restaurant Eve’s Tasting Room – Contemporary American****
- Trummer’s on Main – Contemporary American
- 2941 – Contemporary American****
Using one to four stars, this is Sietseman’s rating system:
*Satisfactory – restaurants that are useful to know about if you are nearby; they may have only a few dishes or a single quality, such as a view or atmosphere, to distinguish them.
**Good – restaurants with generally appealing cooking, service and settings, they tend to be worth driving across town for.
***Excellent - rewarding destinations, no matter where you’re coming from; they typically blend high-quality cooking with the environs.
****Superlative - an unsurpassed dining experience ; these restaurants do what they do extraordinarily well.
Look’s like we have some new places to try -