The Alexandria and Northern Virginia Real Estate Market Report for January 2010 was released late last week.
Here is a quick snapshot for Alexandria City:
- January 2010 sales were up 32.52% from January 2009
- Median sales price for January 2010 was $366,250, up 12.9% from January 2009
- Average sales price for January 2010 was $413,236, up 4.1% from January 2009
- Total inventory of properties available for sale in January 2010 was 432, down 31.5% from January 2009
- January YTD sales of 106 are running 32.5% ahead of last year’s year-to-date sales of 80.
In the following week we will bring you a series of reports on individual neighborhoods and zip codes for a hyper local view of the market. In the meantime, look at the following real estate market reports for Alexandria and Northern Virginia:
Still thinking about that first time home owners tax credit? The deadline for this extraordinary opportunity is fast approaching – you must be under contract by April 30th – and you should be actively looking now.
Call me at 703.927.4554 and let’s talk houses.