February 16th, 2010 Categories: Real Estate News
What are the 10 must have features in new homes? AVID Ratings, a company that provides surveys and employee training to builders around the country, conducts an annual survey to determine home buyer preferences in new construction.
The company found the following 10 features were must have features in new homes:
- Large kitchens with an island
- Energy efficient appliances and high effeciency insulation and windows
- Home office or study
- Main floor master suite
- Outdoor living room
- Ceiling fans
- Master suite soaking tubs and oversize showers with seating areas
- Stone and brick exteriors
- Community landscaping with walking paths and playgrounds
- Two car garages
Interesting isn’t it? Does the list surprise you? Are hardwood floors and granite counters simply considered standard? Let me know what you would put on your list.
And if you want to look for a house with these 10 must have features, give me a call at 703.927.4554.