July 25th, 2011 Categories: Real Estate News
We’ve been away for a few days and thought we would kick off our return with this article from Melissa Tracey at Realtor® Magazine.
Melissa makes the point that home buyers today are not just looking for the “least expensive house in the best neighborhood” but they are looking at an entire lifestyle.
- Ease of commuting by car – 30%
- Access to health and safety services - 34%
- Family friendly neighborhood - 33%
- Availability of retail stores - 32%
- Access to cultural activities - 21%
- Public transportation access – 19%
- Nightlife and restaurant access – 18%
- Golf friendly area-access to golf courses – 6%
Now I can’t honestly say that Alexandria or Northern Virginia falls into the “ease of commuting by car” category but we do really well with all those other areas!
Let me tell you about some of the great neighborhoods where you’ll find some great lifestyle choices and a great house.
Give me a call at 703.927.4554 . . .